From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:45:49 -0400
>From:    Leilah Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
>Welcome to Western New York!  It's truly is beautiful here, just make
>sure you have good snow tires on your vehicles!

Oh yeah.  A 4WD would be good too. :-)  When moved (back) here, people
said "You're moving to BUFFALO?  The place with all the SNOW?  Are you
NUTS?" Mind you, I was in NH at the time.  I don't know if NH or Buffalo
gets more snow (probably depends on the year), but I do know that Buffalo
does not get nearly as cold.  However, a shovel, sleeping bag, extra
gloves, hats, socks, a few candles and or flashlight, and some munchies
are always a good idea to carry in your car if you live in a snowy place.

As for ferret vets, I like the Blue Cross Small Animal Hospital at Main
and Eggert in Amherst.  They have several vets there so you can ask who
likes to work with ferrets best.  There's a new vet there I haven't seen
yet, Dr. Adamcek, but I hear she is good with ferrets.  I like Dr. Brown
as well.  My impression is that if they don't know something, they will
research it, which I think is as valuable as having a vet who seems to
know everything already.

Karen
Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou, my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light
                        -- 8th Century Irish Hymn
No trees were harmed in the production of this message, however
a rather large number of electrons were somewhat inconvenienced.
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.ferretwise.org