From:
"Samuel H. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:15:40 -0400
My ferret family consists of three ferrets all about 6 months, two males and
one female.  Last month I adopted Bonnie from a family that couldn't keep
her anymore.

Bonnie is a very petite 4 year old female who had lived with a male ferret
till he died last year.  She was currently living with a dog.

My three ferrets share one cage, Bonnie has her own cage, they share the
same freerun area.  I've been letting them out in alternating shifts.

She immediately got along with us and the cat but absolutely hates the other
ferrets.  She accepts the males as long as they're out in the open but once
in a small area she attacks them while squeaking in their ears.  She had my
biggest male curled up in a ball under the cage ramp trembling with fear
while she squeaked away at him.

The biggest problem is my female; the two instantly attack each other on
site.  We're talking screaming, bottlebrush tails, peeing, pooping, and
drawing blood.  My female is so determined she climbs onto Bonnie's cage and
even tries to pull the door open to get at Bonnie.  Bonnie, when out will
also attempt to bite at my female through the cage wire.

After seeing the other female Bonnie will attack all other ferrets, the cat,
and even once she attacked me.

This has gone on for a month with no improvement.  I'm open to any
suggestions.

--
Samuel H. Abbe, [log in to unmask]
Software Engineer, Flight Controls Systems