From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1993 15:20:04 -0500
Re:  Ethoxyquin - about a year ago this was a big subject at one of
ferret events that I attended.  Some people were going around with a
"death and gloom" article on the stuff.  I immediately panicked, and
started asking some other people about it.  The person that I asked
had done research for a diet article, and had checked the stuff out.
He said that ethoxyquin is harmless.  (of course, I think his source
was the food producers)

My personal opinion (in most of these type matters) is that it's not
worth the risk.  If it IS a risk, then I've gained some extra time
with my precious furries.  If it isn't a risk, then I've only lost
a little time reading labels to find one that doesn't have it.  Not
much of a decision for me, really.  :)

This is another reason that I switched to Pro-Plan's Turkey and
Barley cat food.  It doesn't have the nasty chemicals in it that other
foods do.  And, it seems to be a fairly flavorful food, so most ferrets
like it.  But, your ferret's mileage may vary.  ;)

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman     Internet - [log in to unmask]      GEnie - n.hartman4
President, Delaware Valley Ferret Club | CIS Grad Student, U. of Delaware
      ***  Caregiver to Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets  ***
  "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" - Kant