From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:45:43 -0700
I guess I need to make some kind of clarification about the Card
Exchanges.  The one Vickey Bishop announced yesterday has nothing to do
with the ones I do for Support Our Shelters.  The one she announced will
not take the place of the ones I do and I don't think that's what she has
in mind at all.  She is into 'stamping' and creating really cute homemade
cards.  I don't think it will interfere at all with the Card Exchanges I
organize and yes, we will still be doing the Labor Day Exchange, as well
as Halloween and Christmas.

Since I am clarifying, there are a couple more things I'd like to say.
While I am a member of Support Our Shelters, I am not Judith White.  I am
Judy Cooke.  I have been mistaken for Judith several times and while I
consider it to be a huge compliment, the fact remains, I am not Judith.
Judith is one of the many unsung heros of the FML.  She quickly and
quietly goes about doing what she needs to do to support our shelters
without flash and fanfare.  She is an awesome, awesome woman and she has
my undying respect.

I also am not Judy Gronwold.  When White Russian passed, I received
several cards of condolences.  I quickly directed the cards to the right
Judy as I was sure in her hour of darkness, they were rays of light for
her.  I could never be Judy Gronwold.  The woman possesses more strength
and courage than I will ever have.  Even in the pain of her loss, she
reaches out to touch us and teach us.  Another unsung hero quietly doing
what she can to try to save our ferrets.

And....I am not Kat Parsons.  Kat is the power that keeps my webpages
going.  Quietly and effectively, she works to make sure you guys have
access to the information that will answer many of the questions I get
asked repeatedly-freeing me up for other things!  People send messages
to her thinking she is me and she very graciously forwards them to
me-apologizing for the mistaken identity.  I am constantly getting
letters addressed to Kat and I simply say...."I am the one you are
looking for, but I am not Kat." She has a huge heart and endlessly works
behind the scenes doing what she can for people and shelters in need.

So, to sum things up....I am not Judith White, Judy Gronwold or Kat
Parsons.  These women...and others like them are the heart of the FML.
They work endlessly and tirelessly without needing the 'glory' so many
others on this list seem to need.  They just don't have time to write
three messages a day to the FML boasting of their accomplishments because
they are out there actually accomplishing!  So, while I am pleased to be
mistaken for anyone of these ladies, the fact remains that I am just me.

I do the FML Card Exchanges to benefit Support Our Shelters.  (Taking
sign-ups for labor day!!) <http://www.geocities.com/imdella/index.html>

I am also doing the Ferrets of the FML Calendar with all proceeds from
the sale of the Calendar going to SOS.  (The deadline for the contest has
been extended to Aug 31st)
<http://www.geocities.com/imdella/fml-calendar.html>

I also am on the planning committee for the Forum at the Falls and we
will be unveiling the design for the Forum Tee-shirt soon.  (For a peek,
go to <http://www.ferretcongress.org/forumtee.jpg>)

And last, I was also on the planning committee for the Vegas Symposium...
with BIG.  Funny how I have never been mistaken for him!  Good thing, I
guess!  I would have crumbled under the weight of trying to hold the FML
together a long time ago....and my legs could never be as hairy as his!
LOL!  (Love ya BIG guy!)

Any questions?

Judy Cooke
Co-Director International Ferret Congress'
Support Our Shelters

[Moderator's note: Yes, I have a question.  Did someone get me drunk
and make me show off my legs in Vegas?  Did I star in some "off the
Strip" strip show or something and I don't remember?

Also to clarify: I don't have anything to do with planning the Forum at
the Falls show.  Linda Iroff and Judy Cooke and several others are doing
their usual stellar jobs, I'm sure.  (A few people have asked about my
involvement with the Forum at the Falls event so there may be some
confusion.)  BIG]