From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:42:31 EST
If you're interested in what may or may not be in pet food, including IAMS,
please check this site out by the API.  Animal Protection Institute.  It
has a lengthy discussion on the multi-national companies, including Proctor
and Gamble, and what they put in their pet foods and why.  The site
pertains mostly to dogs and cats, however for those of you who choose to
feed kitten food to their ferrets, this is pretty interesting.  I have not
previously heard of the API tho' they have a page saying who they are.

http://www.api4animals.org/petfood.htm

My own humble opinion is that I would feed ferret food to ferrets and
cat/kitten food to cats/kittens.

Barb and the 4 whirling dervishes...Gus, Zak, Hope and Bren