From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:53:17 +0000
Hi

just an update of the intact boys at the dirty pet store.  I finally just
decided to look into this myself.  I went yesterday and could see one of
the boys through the window of the store.  He's a big silver guy, and his
brother is a big sable.  They are about 7.5 mths old, not too stinky, with
too long nails.  In typical pet store cages with wood chips and signs that
say I will bite.  Well, despite the signs and not actually putting my
fingers in the cage the silver one did nail me on the finger, drew blood
etc.  I just got a paper towel from the store guy, and told him, my fault
totally, don't worry about it.  I guess someone was "showing"?  there
ferret at the fair grounds here, and it?  had just had a litter so that's
where these guys came from.  I don't think they're overlly aggressive,
just HUGE and haven't been handled much.  Since I'm laid off I hope to get
in there a few times a week, with some gauntlet gloves, and play with them
and help them do their nails.  I hate to help out a $$ directed business,
but I hope you'll agree that it's in the fuzzies best interest to be
handled and groomed properly.  Then I can insinuate myself into their
good books and maybe get them housed better, with some toys.

I'd love to take them home and socialize them, but I'd hate to do that for
a pet store.  I don't know...

Lara
Ferret Dancer Rescue