From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:42:46 +0000
Hello again,

A few weeks ago I responded to an ad for a ferret in a local paper.  I
thought I had the owner convinced to surrender him to me, but I think she
sold him instead.  He was a six month old, intact male, that she bought
from a local pet store.  The store had 2 other intact males for sale at
the time she got him.  ( She had to get rid of him since her spouse was
allergic).

This is a store I seldom enter since I find it gives me the creeps, it
just seems dirty and unorganised with critters running all over, I had
never known they sold ferrets.

I'm concerned about where they're getting intact ferrets from and that
they are selling them, and for $125 for unvaccinated/whole animals.  My
vet will give me shelter prices for any rescues I do.  I'd really like
to be a hero and fight for all ferrets, but I just don't have the heart
right now.  Who am I to give other people s**t?  I'm just bummed since
I'm unemployed for the second time in a year due to layoffs.

Anyway, I'm willing to work with someone else on this, but I can't do it
alone.

The pet store is...
    Wild by Nature Pet Centre  797 York St. London Ont
    519-432-0299

Thanks again,

Lara

P.S.
Randy - I'm hoping to come down for the xmas party and want to bring my
Chaos to see if she likes any of the baby's there.  I was looking at Sam,
and Barbie and Ken's pic's yesterday.  I'd like a really special kid, but
Chaos does have to approve.  I'll also bring some stuff for the kids.

Love ya