From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:20:11 -0700
Lisette said...
>I hear from many of you how the one ferret pines away when taken from
>their home or a mate dies.  A busy home is better than giving your ferret
>to a stranger when your ferret loves you in whatever way a ferret loves.
>There are almost always ways to make efficient use of time for things
>that are of importance to us."

This is so true!...i have personal experience with this...

a ferret CAN and lots of times WILL go through a "grieving" period for a
lost brother or sister ferret...but ALSO from being seperated from its
"parent"..the person it has bonded to and loves... be it a long vacation...
or giving it up...it can be very devastating for the ferret...some don't
ever recover...sometimes they do grieve themselves to death...this is a
hard fact...i am sorry...but it does happen...

the people who take these babies in usually have their work cut out for
them...showing the little guy that he is still loved...lots of times they
can pull the babies out of it...sometimes they just can't...

all i am trying to say is...think REAL hard about your decisions to give
your ferret up...there is so much more to it than just finding it a new
home...

i know there are times when there IS NO other option...but if it IS just a
matter of time...think about the consequences to your baby...sometimes...
MOST of the time...there is something you can do to make even a little
time for them...

after all...they feel love and devotion, too....

===
kat and the krew
RASCAL~my cinnamon...my first~*~SASSY~my lady~*~WOLFIE~my sweetest boy!!!~*~
MONKEY(SHINE)~my "blaze" wild man!!!~*~FEIVEL~my new Sterling Silver~*~
MEEJA~my new sable maniac woman!!!~*~CHASE~my new DEW lady~*~
ARMAND~my new sable gentleman~*~Remembering Marcel...how we loved him!
THE FERRETS' PAGE..."http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/index.html"