From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:53:54 -0400
Hi.  My name is Harley and I want to tell you all about my friends at the
Ferret Aid Society.  Mom's been too busy to update you, so I volunteered.
She's checking my spelling though.

Rusty is doing great!  he's the fellow that had his leg amputated last
week.  He's more active now than when he had that leg.  He's a big boy with
a bad past.  You may remember that we got him Canada day in 1998.  Him and
his brother Ra were tied together with cord, put in a garbage bag and left
in a park.  Both of them were skin and bones.  Ra's ok too, just getting
ready for Adrenal surgery.

Princess and Bones are my best friends.  They both have their canine teeth
cut out.  Princess is so tiny, I like to protect her.  Mom has a hard time
with her sometimes because she climbs so high.  I try to follow, but am not
as fast as her and mom always catches me LOL!  Bones is still not doing so
well.  He tries to play, but just isn't feeling good.  He's going in for
surgery soon too.

Mom wants me to tell you that Mr. Bean and Snow baby are almost ready for
adoption.  Snowy is the ferret whom you all helped at the beginning of the
year.  His owner was the one that cut 60 ferret's teeth out and held Snowy
hostage in a box in the snow without food or water.  He was charged and
convicted of animal cruelty.  All your letters to the court helped
immensely.  Mr. Bean is a big boy, and he is a bit picky on his human
companions but loves all ferrets.

Well, that's all for now.  I'll update you next week on some more of the
ferrets here.  I'm doing great BTW, but still have to go to the doctors for
nasal lachrymal duct flushes once a week.  I hate it, but still feel great
and like to chase mommy around the house.

Love, Harley

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!