From:
Daisy Lyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1993 00:33:00 -0400
 "   Rochelle - both my ferrets seem to also have the problem that they "
 " don't  really care *where* they poop, ie. not just in one or two places "
 " which  can have litterboxes put there.  If I don't make sure they've "

Hi, it must have been the Blue Moon. Yep. Mine got all screwed up too!
ARGH!!! Yesterday someone came to the door. I was barefoot. EOUW! I stepped
in it, and had to stand there talking to a salesman trying to pretend that
nothing had happened. <shudder> And Foxy, she went right in the middle of
the room! No corner, no wall. Just went. AGH!!

 "  is a market for ferret products, but instead of actually designing "
 " some new stuff, they have just made a compilation of stuff which is  "
 " normally for other pets:  a rabbit cage, some food which actually *is*  "
 " supposed to be for ferrets (but I don't remember which brand), a cat  "
 " toy, and some guinea pig\rabbit style CEDAR WOOD CHIPS.  I spoke to the  "
 " woman at the counter, who was polite, but dubious when I told her that  "

I wish I had some info for you. I may be able to get some, in fact I'm sure
I can at least get the cedar chips info...if you could um...somehow get me
your snail mail address I can send it. But someone else may be able to send
the file through email. I'm on GEnie and haven't a clue how to use this
mail, but I will find out. My voice # is (702) 355-0731. I'm in NV, USA.
Anyway, I'll see what I can find. Hopefully someone can get it to you
quickly. Anyway, I learned the hard way, with a dog, that just because
someone sells pets, it doesn't mean the have a single clue about caring for
them. ;'(
                  -,-'-{@             @}-,-'-

 "   Well, I took Keesa to the vet last night for her "post-squashing" "

 YAYAYAYAYAYAY KEESA!!

                  -,-'-{@             @}-,-'-

 RE: Crickets...
 "They are the best ferret toy and food treat I've found, but
 " I don't want her to O.D. on them if they aren't good for her. (But the  "
 " little buggers keep coming in anyway!)   "

EOOOOUWWWW!! YUCK! <<<<Shudder>>> <G>
                  -,-'-{@             @}-,-'-

 " If you hold up your hand in front of Murphy's face while he is "
 " rambuncious,  you can probably get him to play anytime.  My favorite "
 " euphemism for the  ferret dance is "fighting the imaginary ferret", "
 " posted a while back by  someone to the list.  Anyway, have fun with "
 " Murphy   "
                                Mike, Erica, Ian, Inigo, Buttercup, ...

I LIKE that term! Hehehe! Nonni does that, even when Foxy and Coco don't
want to play. There is alwasy poor Milo, whom Nonni makes a total fool of!
Her specialty is running behind Milo and ducking in under his legs, and
quickly turning in time to scare the heck out of the cat. Hehehe! The cat
has no chance. <G>
                  -,-'-{@             @}-,-'-

 "          I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Enrique; I have a "
 " neutered  female(oxymoron?) sable. Her name is Coco. Coco is really cute "

 "         Another thing that I'm curious about is what you use as treats. "
 " There are two things in particular that Coco goes crazy over: pasta and "
 " whip  cream. Is there anything bad about these? What else do ferrets "

Hello to another Coco!! I have one too. :) As far as whip cream, it is a
dairy product and can cause diarrhea. But mine love raisins, popcorn and
especially <!!> Nutrical!! It's for dogs and cats and is labelled a low
volume high calorie (I cannot think tonight! <G> Suppliment. Mine love it!
So does my dog though. I found pieces of the tube yesterday. Not good on the
intestines. Dumb dog. :/  <g>

As for hissing at you. Yipes. It seems to me anyway that aI have to be
really firm with mine when it comes to that sort of thing. For one thing,
people have the wrong impression about ferrets to start with, so I don't
want to do anything to further that, plus I have children who have friends
who visit, and again, if my ferrets bite one of them...I heard that they can
destroy my ferret and check her for rabies. Two of mine are up on rabies
vaccines, but my little one isn't old enough yet.

It seems like they are like kids. <g> Gentle but firm, and let them know
who's boss. :) That's only MHO though. I'm a fairly new ferret person
myself. :) And having a BLAST!! :D

                        Daisy.Lyn...
                           ..and three Whacko-teers!