Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 11:25:13 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
>
> way a ferret could tip that over, we thought!).  Well, we were half right.
> They couldn't tip it.  But, Fezzik was so curious about it that he kept
 dunking
> his entire head into it, and splashing water everywhere.  Is there any way to
> leave water out for the dog *WITHOUT* the ferrets getting it all over the
> floor????

well, from my experience, no.  i have five ferrets and four of them gently
lap from the side of the bowl, but nero insists that he must lean over the
entire bowl and splash the water into his mouth from the other side.  he
makes an utter mess and is soaking wet all down his stomach afterwards.
i have no clue why he does it, he just does.  we have the bowl(a big dog
bowl) on a plastic mat that you would use for a dish rack.  that, at least,
keeps most of the water off the floor!

beckers and the wild ten

--
Becki Kain      MIKA Systems    [log in to unmask]
"why don't they do what they say, say what they mean?" Fixx