From:
Andre Klefenz / Jennifer Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 11:32:34 -0400
HI everybody, I got Dobey right from a breeder who had his ferrets in a big
cage with a litterbox. The kits all saw their mom using it and learned to
use it as well. Since bringing Dobey home a month and a half ago, she
pooped where she shouldn't only once! She even found a litterbox in an
uncharted area of my apartment that she hadnt used before and went in it.

Newton came from a pet store that had all the ferrets in a wood-chip lined
cage. They pooped everywhere in it, and Newton (after 2 years of my
coaching) is still not as committed to her box as I would like her to be.
Thus, I was very impressed with Dobey.

To the breeders on the FML... Do you have a litterbox in the mother's cage?
Do you find that the kits are much better about learning to use a litterbox
this way? To ferret buyers, what is your experience with ferrets who had or
didn't have litterboxes in the pet store?

Jen Andre Newton and Dobey