From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 11:00:05 -0500
Yesterday I was going through the paper on my way to the comics :) when what do
I see but a ferret!  It seems in Durham, NC there is a magnet school that is
trying to develop new ways to educate children with more hands on activities.
 The caption was about how students are learning about life as a ferret.  It
was a nice change to see non-negative ferret related news.  I think I will add
this article to my other one about the legalization of ferrets in Michigan.

My attempt at changing the furries diet has been so far a complete failure!  I
purchased some Marshall Ferret food first and here was their response:

Pickle:  "Oh, boy a treat.  <sniff sniff>  What are you trying to do mom,
Poison me?"  while shaking his head in disgust.

Twinkie (who likes _EVERYTHING_):  "I don't think so."

Kit Kat (who sometimes leaps before she looks):  "Sure, I'll try it."  <spits
it out and runs downstairs for a drink of water>

The pet store samples of some French cat food (can't remember the name) were
picked out and scattered everywhere in the cage.  What a mess!

A friend gave me some Iams to try.  They seemed pretty interested in it at
first but I think it was mainly due to the similarity between the container and
their treat canister.  This morning all of the Purina Cat food was gone and the
Iams was left behind.

I guess changing diets after a few months of age is difficult at best!

Happy day to all on the FML,
Heather
Durham, NC

P.S.  I learned the other day that there is a local breeder that is breeding
both for color and temperment.  Blue-eyed whites were mentioned. :)