From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 14:07:25 -0500
Re: Attaching Pans to Cage

For all of you who have metal cages, here is a great way to attach the pan.
 (At least it worked for us.)  Along one side cut narrow slits in the plastic
box that will line up with the metal bars.  Our litter boxes have a small lip,
so when this was done, we had several "clips" to hang over the thin bars.  It
works great and is not hard to remove.

Re:  Cages again?

I remember someone posting a while back about using wood in caging.  How did
you have to seal it again?  My husband and I were the ones in search of a barn
cage. We have deceded to build one using plywood and metal mesh.  That way I
can have solid floors with linoleum:)

Re:  Broken tail?

I believe Kit Kat has broken the tip of her tail.  Although the bones have
already fused (there is a little kink), I assume it happened not too long ago,
because I never noticed before.  I wonder how it happened and if there will be
any adverse effects.

Re:  Pretzel

Pretz is now getting along pretty well with the other ferrets.  I think it is
so funny how Pickle and Twinkie push him with the sides of their heads and then
wip their mouths around for the bit.  They look so much like sharks.  I wonder
why they don't "attack" this way when they are playing though.  With all the
talk recently about deaf ferrets, I have come to the conclusion that Pretz is
either deaf or a _very_ sound sleeper.

Re:  Twinkie's dry coat

After changing diets from Purina Kitten Chow to Iams Kitten Chow, Pickle's and
Kat's coats got much nicer.  But Twinkie's has become dry and parts of his tail
fur have turned orangish (he was originally a fluffy soft light yellow with
peppered guard hairs) and split looking.  Any ideas on the cause or solution?

Re:  Pickle

Pickle just wanted to say "Hi".  He has begun to speak occasionally with the
arrival of Pretz.  Talk about shocked!  I hope he keeps it up, his voice is so
deep.

Heather Hildebrandt
Durham, NC