From:
Tim Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:25:04 -0700
I just recently moved into a new apartment and I'm looking to ferret-proof
it.  I have dedicated the living room/dining area to the whirlwinds of
furry devastation, but I need to keep them out of the kitchen since there
are holes in the walls behind appliances, and cleaning chemicals in the
cabinets beneath the sinks.

Does anyone know of any gates or barriers (either for sale, or instructions
to build) that could stop a ferret from getting to somewhere she knows
she's not allowed to go?

I currently have a guitar case blocking the opening, but Asmo (the largest
of the three) can climb onto it and pull it over (most likely on top of
herself).  Being that it is an apartment I can't nail anything to the
walls.  My smallest one (Una) can climb anything with footholds and can
fit through any opening more than 3 molecules wide.

Thanks,

Tim