From:
Elliott Shake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:57:22 EST
Hiya evrybuddy.

I've been going over the latest FMLs and have found that "angora ferrets"
are popular.  Problemo::: i have no idea what they are!!  please, gimme a
clue.

i really haven't commented thru the whole Letterman thing and the Radio
Shack ad.  so, here goes:

i think it was a cruel and DEFINITELY inhumane thing to do to the ferret--
especially on national TV.  some psycho probably watched it and said, "Hey,
that looks fun!!" and went an did it himself.  i don't watch letterman, and
probably never will from now on.

r-shack:::
from the script i saw of the commercial, it seemed kinda vague.  they
didn't outright call the fuzzies "biters".  they did call them rodents, but
that's a misconception that many people have, and could probably be
corrected by a simple letter informing them of the facts (though i don't
think they'll change it to, "OW!  Get this mustelid off of me!!!").  RS
could have chosen any animal they wanted, and since they weren't actually
cruel to an animal, we can't really call in Animal Control on them.

somebody is probably offended by this, and if so, please email me
personally.  i'm really tired of all the debates that keep going on over
the net on a day2day basis.

your buddy,

Elliott

 "I will eat your liver with some favah beans and a fine qieante. <slurp
 slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp> Oh, and some gum!"