From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 12:28:30 -0700
Hello, I am new to the FML and also a new ferret owner.  I have a few
medical questions and some questions about ferrets in California.

I recently got my ferret Moya in June.  Ever since I got her she has been
wheezing or it seems like struggling to breath ever now and then.  It
usually only lasts for a few hours or so or until she goes to sleep.  I've
taken her into the vets a few times for it and they say it's just a cold or
dust.  My question is, if she continues doing this, is it a sign on
something serious ?

Another medical question I have is about something I recently saw in one of
the posts but didn't I pay attention to it then.  (sorry for bringing it up
again) I recently discovered that Moya has fleas and at the same time
noticed little orange patches on her skin around her head and neck ?  Is the
from the fleas ?

One final question: I live in California and my landlord just discovered I
have a ferret.  All he said so far was that I have to pay a pet deposit,
which I paid.  I am a bit nervous though that after he thinks it over he
might call animal control.  He's not a very nice or reasonable person so I
have been taking Moya into work with me everyday since then.  What I would
like to know is how are ferrets confiscated in California.  Do you have to
have a search warrent ?  And how would I go about getting her back if they
did take her ?

Thanks,
-kt.