From:
"M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 07:40:25 -0700
Hello!  It's me again.  I have a confusing question for which there are
equally good sides and explanations -- that's why I am confused.  I am not
trying to be a flame or troll (whatever it's called!) and start a fight,
that's why I ask that you personally eMail me back so there isn't an
argument betweeen the readers of the FML.  I am looking for answers from
vets and experienced pet owners whose pets have lived 7+ years under these
circumstances.

My question is: Should a ferret be descented?  I have read that not
descenting can cause anal scent gland blockages.  But I have ALSO read that
descenting is unecessary and can cause problems.  Will a ferret smell more
if not descented?  Is it necessary?  Is it safer to descent or not to
descent?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this.  I am more confused than ever on
this subject, and want to do everything right so that my future fuzzie lives
a long, healthy, and happy life.