From:
Amanda Logsdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:13:40 -0600
Kris was not making a blanket statement about shelters and the way they
operate.  She remarked on one particular shelter, whose operator likes
to publicize just about everything going on in her life.

I know Kris supports several shelters, financially and emotionally, and
is close to many operators.  As a dedicated and loving ferret owner, she
knows the struggle shelter ops face every day.

She did not pull these accusations out of thin air.  Go through the
archives.  Find out for yourself if she vaccinates and ADV tests like a
responsible shelter op should.  And ask yourself, if you were needing
money for a shelter ferret of your own would you be playing Santa to
another shelters' ferret?  Regardless of how "generous" this may seem,
it doesn't make much sense.

My kudos to Kris for calling Kim out.  And on a side note, I don't think
Kris was out of line one bit in posting this.  She was asking valid
questions to someone who **publicly** posted about needing money.

Amanda

[Moderator's note: I think you'll find some strong supporters of Kim as
you search the archives -- and some questions from others.  As is usual,
there are varying opinions and the topic is about to fizzle out.  BIG]