From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 22:24:28 -0800
    My Winnipeg is deaf, and the way I realized it was:
       1. His loud, atonal screams when surprised by something
       2. The fact that he was SO EASY to surprise
       3. The way he never woke up from a pile of sleeping ferrets when I
          made loud noises to call them to come out
       4. The trademark wide set eyes, the thick bone structure, the piebald
          coat, and that white blaze down his head (he is a "badger ferret")

    He IS a biter-NO has no effect on him-shaking makes him bite harder-he
is probably doomed to a life of very forceful picking up, not much hugging,
NO kissing, and no approaching us on his teerms(attacks like a shark).  He
is much fun to watch, though.  Because of his large size he can carry a wide
variety of objects up under the bed to hide-the familiar "Where are my
socks?  Where is my shirt?" rings out frequently here.  He is also very
neat, picking up everyone's toys and placing them in a hamock or under my
dresser.  So orderly!

    The very most favorite toy of all my ferrets is a KIWI KLEANER-one of
those sheepskin dusters on a stick.  While I am not advocating the slaughter
of baby lambs, these dusters are (A) good blinds cleaners, (B) good dusters
and (C) the best ferret-teasers ever invented!  Even a ferret who doesn't
like to play will grab one of these and try to subdue it in a second!  Try
one!  Karen