From:
Ric Tate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:02:28 -0600
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't feed my ferrets any human food.
They do get fruit.  But, think about it our food has so much other stuff in
it that may be bad for ferrets.  esp. chocolate.  a small amount of the one
ingrediant in chocolate might be disasterous.  I am kind of thinking that
giving our ferrets human food might have something to do with all those
tumers that they get.  that is my hypothesis.  before you give your ferrets
something just call your vet and ask.  you are probably not going to get
charged for a question.  and think about the teeth, if you give them sweets,
they will get cavities.  and if a cavity goes undetected it will get
infected.  that i am sure can be painful for the ferret and for your pocket
book.  Oh and the most important thing of all be esp. carefull with human
medicine.  just one asperin can cause liver malfunction.  when you drop
medicine be sure to find it and pick it up.

Diana and Ric with Orbit, Jing, Jang, Thyme, Sage, Baby and Snowball