From:
Celeste Jacob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:03:10 -0700
>Lipinski summarizes: ...And too there are the childish posts (I'm trying
>to be kind) where the ferret's owner is speaking through his ferret, just
>as though the ferret itself were speaking to us via the printed word.
>Surely some will consider that as "cute."  My opinion - You don't wanna'
>know!

Dear Ed Lipinski,

I agree with you on the subject of being a responsible parent, as well as
ferret owner.  Personally, I wouldn't put a ferret, puppy/dog, kitten/cat,
or any other animal in a crib with an infant - that's just plain common
sense and use of good judgment.

However, I find your opinion about the scores of people on this and other
ferret lists who engage in "ferret talk" rude and offensive, and completely
irrelevant to the topic at hand, anyway.  I'm pretty certain that most of
us folks who use and enjoy "ferret talk" would definitely NOT put a child
at risk with a ferret.  Therefore, your comments served only one purpose ...
to offend and insult a great many ferret owners.  Calling us "childish"
(and let's not forget, you are "trying to be kind") is uncalled for, and
my suggestion is that if you don't like the games, you should get off the
playground!  As long as you remain on this or any other ferret list, you
will, without a doubt, be subjected to the "irritation" of ferret-talkers!
The reality of it is that IT WILL CONTINUE because that's just who we are;
we find it adorable and amusing, and if you want to be an ogre about it, I
think it safe to say you're on your own!

Celeste & Dusty -->"Gosh Mom, what a scrooge this guy is. Maybe Santa
passed up his house on Christmas and he's just mad!"