From:
Amy McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:24:17 -0600
The Greater Chiago Ferret Association in sponsoring the Ferret Fun Match at
the Chicagoland Family Pet Show March 17, 2001 at 6:00 p.m.  The show is
held at the Arlington Race Course in Arlington Heights, IL, and runs March
16-18, 2001.  The flyer is in the recent "Off the Paw" GCFA newsletter.  I
thought I'd give everyone a heads up now, and I'll post again when it's
nearing that weekend.

Eligibility:
- Healthy
- Not pregnant
- 12 weeks old & up
- No fleas or ear mites

Owner must show proof of ferret distemper vaccination (rabies vaccination
is recommended).  Ferrets will be inspected before being allowed to compete
in the Fun Matches.  Ferrets must be brought in pet carriers.  Confirmation
& details will be sent in advance.

Entry deadline is March 9, 2001.

The contests include:
- Yawning
- Best Dressed
- Bag Escape
- Tube Race

There is a $5 entry fee per person, plus an additional $1 per ferret per
event entered.  Top 3 ferrets in each event receive ribbons & prizes.  25
ferrets per event.

If you need a copy of the entry form, I'm not sure if it's available
through the GCFA website (http://www.gcfa.com) - if not, I can scan the
entry form & email it as an attachment if you request it from me via email

The instructions on the form state: "Complete the form and return with
check or money order (does not include admission to the Pet Show).  Make
payable to the Greater Chicago Ferret Association and send to:

Ferret Fun Match
c/o GCFA
PO Box 7093
Westchester, IL 60154-7093

For additional info, call the shelter at (708) 442-8650, or email

Come out and have fun with fellow ferret lovers, and maybe win some prizes!
Hope to see you there!

*dooks*
Amy M. & the Renegades of Skunk!

~~~
Visit Miya, Nina, Rascal, Jack, & Joey at their website:
http://www.geocities.com/neenerbean_78