From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:00:37 +0000
Is there anybody out there who can help me understand the following Latin
phrases?

These phrases consist of the signature of a young lady in Vancouver, Canada,
who will not yield to me the English translation following her ferret
message.

Is this romantic stuff, or what?

                "Hoc anno ergo pro certo
                              musculos saepius exercebo."

 Edward Frettchenvergnuegen Lipinski,  Der Frettchenlustbarkeitsfuehrer !

Just in case you wonder:

Frettchenvergnuegen = Joy of Ferrets (Stolen from the old Volkswagen
commercial: Fahrvergnuegen, which could be translated as, joy of driving
(presumably a Peoples car, the Volks Wagen.)

Der Frettchenlustbarkeitsfuehrer = The Ferret Frolics Leader.

Note:  Germans love those long words, and so do I.  The longest one ever is
the German for "anti-aircraft guns on a aircraft carrier:"
"Flugzeugtraegerschiffeflugzeugabwehrkanonen."

Or, "The Biology and Diseases of the Domesticated Ferret:"
"HaustierischeFrettchenlebenskundekrankheiten."

Edward Frettchenvergnuegen Lipinski,  Der Frettchenlustbarkeitsfuehrer !
Frettchenvergnuegen [G.] Joy of Ferrets.  F...fuehrer [G.] Ferret frolics
leader.