From:
Tom Hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 21:01:43 -0400
This message is sent by Permission of Diane Rogers, President of Baltimore
Ferret Club:

     Subject: No Time to Read my Mail...Call me!
        Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 20:00:26 -0400
        From: John and Diane Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
          To: [log in to unmask]

Today, animal activists let a huge number of ferrets and minks loose from a
famous ferret/mink farm in Wicomico County.  Frank Parsons...You'll probably
have heard of him or will soon.  We are trying to save the babies, who were
nursing.  Some of the mom's got run over on the highway, and many are
lost...I have done a press release and am trying to get people and
supplements down to the guy who owns the farm to try to save the babies.  I
will be back to you later on.

Diane
--
 John and Diane Rogers - Baltimore Ferret Club
 http://baltoferret.com/bfc000.htm

Update as of 5 PM:

Animal Control and Frank Parsons' neighbors were on the scene trying to care
for the released animals.  Most of them have been found, but there are
several dozen nursing kits facing death unless they can be successfully
hand-fed.  Presently there are enough volunteers to attempt hand-feeding.
Another post will be submitted tomorrow to update folks on this sad
situation.

Tom Hendricks for Diane Rogers, Baltimore Ferret Club