From:
Sarah Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:23:02 EST
Hi
My 8 month old kit has an enlarged vulva so I took her to the vet
immediately.  My vet clinic is very experienced in ferret care and did
some bloodwork which showed anemia and estrogen levels that weren't normal.
They say that she has Ovarian remnants which are the results of an improper
spay procedure.  She came from Marshall Farms.  I was told she needs
surgery-I'm aware of the dangers of letting a female stay in heat--and
needs it immediately.  It'll cost $800, a big fee for a third year college
student.  I am definitely going to have the surgery done but I would
appreciate ANY info on this.  Anyone who knows anything about this and the
liability of Marshall farms please contact me.

Thank you
Sarah