From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:08:12 -0400
I suppose I'm "preaching to the choir" here but I was at the vets yesterday
and he'd had that day 1 ferret come in dead - necrosopy showed a hole in the
stomach caused by a hairball the size of his thumb (he said this ferret and
another live one were not being taken care of at all) and had just taken
another huge one out of a ferret, owned by a responsible owner.  He said the
guy gave cat lax every 2-3 weeks.  He knows of people who haven't given cat
lax much at all and no problems.

Different ferrets probably shed and groom and pass hairballs at different
rates individually.  I know I've gotten a little lazy about the cat lax,
partially because mine seem to have soft stools and i worry about
aggravating it.

Just a reminder that it's important to give on a regular basis, not
just when shedding etc.

Mary and the fuzzbutts