From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1993 10:57:10 -0400
        Well I'm  very sorry to say this but another ferret can be added
to list of casualties.  Animal Control was very impressed with some of
the paper work we gave them.  They agreed that the ferret should go into
quarantine.  Unfortunately Disease Control made it sound like they wanted
to listen but just pulled our leg.  They put the ferret down with out even
looking at a thing.

        I'm realy pissed off even though I knew the ferret was going to
be put down, it doesn't make feel any better.  I figured since Animal
control was willing to put the ferret in quarantine we had a chance.
Even the nurse that got bit said she would take her chances just don't
put the ferret down.

        This is a painfull lesson to learn and I hope it never happens
again.  As ferret owners we owe it to our ferrets and our selves not to
take chances.  Some day and I hope it's soon we will be able to let
people hold our furries with out being worried about a little nip or
scratch.  Untill then be carefull, join a club near you or start one and
lets continue the fight.  I know that I'm more determined to get some thing
done.

        Sorry for all the spelling mistakes ect.. I don't have time to
proof read this.  Hope you all had a better weekend than I did.  I don't
know why I'm taking this so hard, I never met the ferret or the little
girl that owned it.  But my hart goes out to both of them.

        Have a good week and a better weekend.

        Brad Laraway, Brevard Ferret Lovers and Rescue.

        P.S.  I would like to thank all of you who sent me mail over the
weekend and today.  Thanks