From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1993 15:05:31 -0500
        Hi, I noticed a while back that the ferret shelter and club
list did not not include Brevard Ferret Lovers.  Could you please add
this to the master list.

        Sandy Cordova
        Brevard Ferret Lovers-
        Ferret Rescue and Shelter
        Palm Bay, Florida 32909
        Phone# (407) 728-8698

        Also just a quick story.  Just when you think you have your
new place ferret proof they have to prove you wrong.  Last Saturday
my ferret Mako tried to squeeze under a closet door.  His head made it in
but his body wouldn't.  I don't know how long he was stuck there, at
least 15-30 minutes.  I could not open the door or take it off with out
herting or killing Mako.  So I had to pull on him a bit. "I was very
gentle and if I had to pull any harder I would have stopped and called
someone to help me get a wedge or some thing to raise the door up."  Boy
was I scared.  All I could think of was if I hert him I'll never forgive
myself. His chin was full of saliva and he looked a bit scared, but
besides that he was fine.  He did wipe chin on the carpet for around ten
minutes or so.

        All he had to do was hiss or cluck and I would have been there in
a heart beat.  I guess he thought he could get out by himself.  The moral
of this story is no matter how small a hole or crack is, a ferret will try
like hell to find out what's on the other side.  I'm sure we all know how
stubborn a ferret can be when he/she wants something.

        Hope you all have a fun filled weekend.

        Brad, Sebastian, and Mako.