From:
Todd Lorenc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:24:14 -0500
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself and my ferret.  My name is Todd and I live
in Watervliet, NY which is a very short distance from Albany (the capital).
My ferret is a male albino MF ferret, cleverly named Al by my wife.  We have
had him since September 13th.  When we got him the pet store owner (yes, I
know, bad move, but the nearest shelter is 3-3 1/2 hours away) said he was
"about 6-7 months" old, so I don't have an exact age.  I didn't even get the
MF package that comes with them, just a receipt.

I think we lucked out with Al, because we didn't have much trouble with him
at all.  The biggest thing we got away with is that he doesn't nip (unless a
start playing with him too hard).  It did take us a while to get him potty
trained.  I think he has had only one accident in the past two weeks.  This
is pretty good, because he will only use the litter box in his cage.  If we
try to put another one out, or just move the one in cage, he won't use it.
The only dissappointment is that he is not that active.  It seems like he is
always sleeping.  He doesn't have free range of the house when we are not
there or are sleeping.  We have a couch which I thought I ferret proofed,
but he can still get under it, but can't get back out.  When ever we are
there we do let him out, but he usually comes out, sniffs around, begs for
his treats, and plays for about a half hour and then goes and finds
someplace to sleep.  For most of the evening I will search for him, wake him
up, and try to play with him, but he usually end up back in his sleeping
place.  Currently I am trying to talk my wife into getting him a playmate,
but since we live in an apartment she doesn't want to get another, but I am
triing.

Well enough from me.

Our prayes are with Jane & the ferrets, and the one rescued by Dayna.

Todd, Joanne (wife), & Al (leave me alone, I'm sleeping)