From:
Christian Whiting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 17:29:05 -0800
Dooks,

Thought I should post two seperate notes as the other was getting long.

Sukie, I saw your post concerning Illinois being a state that will comply
with the compendium.  I don't have an official document on that, but there
is something that should be considered.

I was under the impression that Illinois was willing as a state to go by the
CDC guidelines; however, Illinois did allow the different counties to judge
individual cases.  In other words, Peoria County is a quarentine county, but
I think Tazewell County is not and they are right next to eachother.  What I
am getting at is Illinois' complete policy regarding ferrets should be in
writing.  And people should verify with their county officials that if
necessary their ferrets would be quarrentined.  I could be misunderstanding
policies as I don't have it in writing, but I figured it is better to post
and err on the side of caution seeing as too many ferrets are dying without
cause or justification.

My sympathy to Pat and Rocky. I cannot empathize, but I am sorry.

Beverly at the Jeruseleum Zoo, I will be in Isreal March 16 to March 30.
What I was curious about was zoo hours in Jeruseleum and Tel Aviv.  I would
have emailed you directly, but I misplaced your address.  To make it ferret
related, my fuzzies wish they could come with and meet all the ferrets in
the Holy Land.  :-)

Fuzzy hugs,
Donelle and the gang in Washington, IL

Home is where the ferrets are