From:
David Pradarelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:59:46 -0600
Shelly~
varies with individual ferrets.About a year ago I decided to get a second
one to keep my ferret company and Sassy my first one was about 2yrs old.He
did not take to Phoebe right away so what I did was under supervision let
them get used to eachother then I used a second cage for the baby to sleep
in and put it right next to Sassys cage so they could smell eachother and
get used to eachother without him being able to harm her in any way.I did
this for about 2 nights and inbetween let them out together.When I saw Sassy
wasn't being as aggressive I decided to be brave and put Phoebe in there
with him within 5 min they were cuddled up in the hammock together.I think
it's probably the hardest bringing in the second one.About 3 wks ago I got a
beautiful silvermitt for my birthday and I didnot have to go throug any of
that I just let him run around and play then when it was naptime I threw him
in with the other 2 and all 3 of them were cuddled in the hammock together.I
would definately give him a chance to take to having a playmate.I know I
don't feel quite as quilty if I don't have extra time to play....I know they
will keep eachother company.

Nikiki,Sassy,Phoebe,and Taz!!!