From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 04:06:05 -0700
>PS Please don't forget to contact the HSUS about extending their puppy mill
>campaign to include ferrets.  They are considering it.  Just contact your
>local branch.

Why on earth would we ask HSUS to apply 'puppy mill' standards to ferret
freeders/operations?  I sure haven't heard of any ferret mills, grinding out
hundreds of sick and diseased ferrets.

I really believe by ferret owners asking HSUS to include ferrets in their
(HSUS) campaign is to state that the domestic ferret distribution and pet
store market is corrupt.  I believe that is far from the truth.  It
'appears' that Alphachi has asked for this intervention by ferret owners so
that more ammunition against Marshall Farms can be added to ~~his~~ attempt
to discredit Marshall Farms.  Again, the use of the word 'appears' is just
that...I have no idea what Alphachi's agenda is by asking that HSUS include
ferrets in its 'puppy mill' campaign.

Joe