Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:29:35 EDT
I recently went through apartment-hunting, so this is all fresh in my mind.
My biggest piece of advice is once you've found a landlord/realtor who will
accept the ferrets, get it in writing, have the ferrets written into the
lease, and make it specific-- i.e., our lease allows six ferrets on the
premises.  That way there will never be any question of whether they are
allowed or not, or whether you've got too many.

You can't always trust the realtor, either-- one that I met with told me
"we just won't tell the landlords about the ferrets" when I said we had
them.  Ahem!  The realtor's not the one who has to live with the
consequences!  So, insist that the ferrets be in the lease, to avoid being
misled by the realtor, or having the realtor mislead the landlord.

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

               ...melancholia, mon cher...