From:
Kathryn Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 06:12:03 EDT
My 3 year old ferret stopped feeding himself 2 weeks ago.  At first I
thought he was sick but bloodwork, X-rays, ultrasound and a barium solution
show nothing.  I have been feeding him by hand with a mix of his regular
food softened and a bit of AD canned food.  He has gained about 1/2 pound
in the 2 weeks I have been doing this.  Now my vet recommends starving
him(not offering the hand food) for up to 72 hours and if that does not
work doing an exploratory surgery.  He has a choice of Totally Ferret,
8-in1 ultimate, science diet feline growth, Marshall farms food and Kaytee
forti-diet available to him.  Anyone with any suggestions PLEASE share.