From:
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:41:11 -0400
What a rollercoaster week!  i'll start with the sad stuff and get it
outta the way.

Grandma was in the hospital again.  she's not doing very well and is in
a LOT of pain.  i visit her at night when she sleeps and snuggle up to
her.  She is very weak and her temp is dropping down below normal.  The
doc says it's her body's way of beginning the shut down process.  She's
home with mommie now and is on heavy doses of morphine.....

Pride weekend was great.  The shelter had a lot of volunteers come out
to help and although we don't know how much we raised yet, i hope it's
good.  It rained on the main Pride day - hard.  mommie didn't care and
was determined to raise money for the kids.  she sat in the down pour
of rain, in her wheelchair and did her Toonie Driving!  I think people
huddled against building walls for shelter felt sorry for her and she
made a lot of money on people's sympathy lol!!  She looked like a drowned
hag!  Thankfully, there are no photos of her :)

The 4 foot purple ferret float was a huge success.  Next year, our
volunteers are building a generator into it so it will play music on
the parade route!!!

The shelter took in 2 new kids this week.  Puppy (yup, Puppy) is a very
young male who was kicked out of his house and left to fend for himself.
He was covered in ticks but is now safe and some-what enjoying mommie's
kisses.

Dale is a 1 1/2 - 2 year old little guy.  He's so worried about being
at the shelter, his eyes look like 2 huge saucers!  He's not as fond of
kisses as Puppy, but mommie will fix that!  He was also found walking
the streets as a stray.

This week is also the shelter's official web site launch!  Jenny, one
of our newest volunteers has totally re-done the shelter's web site.  i
invite you all to have a look!
          http:// www.ferretaid.org
We welcome suggestions and story ideas too!

Happy trails my friends!
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"