From:
nancy parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:39:17 -0400
I stopped by the Petco in Ramsey, NJ today to pick up some Marshall Farms
ferret litter which they advertise but never carry.  When I arrived 2
employees were cleaning out the ferret pen.  They had 3 baby ferrets in
a shopping cart.  I went over and asked if I could hold them.  The first
thing I noticed when I picked one up was his/her rectum was bloody and
swollen.  I really don't know for sure but I don't think it's supposed to
be like that.  None of my ferrets ever looked like that.  I told them I
though he was sick and they should check the others.  They said one bit
bad.  Well sure enough the little rascal drew blood in 3 places.  He looked
OK.  When I looked at the 3rd one his rectum was swollen and bloody and
had slime dripping.  I told them they really should have them checked out.
They said there were going to put them "upstairs" wherever that is.  If
there is anyone reading this who has any insight to this and can check on
them it would be great.  I don't know exactly what their plans are for
these 2 ferrets..  The are dark sable and absolutely gorgeous.  One of them
gave me kisses right away.  I am really interested in what happens to these
2 so if you can drop me a line and let me know what happens i would be most
appreciative.

thanking whoever in advance.
nancy, scooter and baby