Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:21:51 -0800
Hi there everyone I decided to chime in

I know lots of people hate discussions about raw food, but I personally
think it's GREAT and hate it when people shut them down because they
don't like it.  The FHL recently had a discussion about dairy which was
promptly ended.  Why?  I have no idea.  But Someone didn't like it!  I
had to bring it up on another, more tolerant board.  Anyways, back to
my original thought!

I fed my guys raw for a few months a couple of weeks ago.  I am planning
on starting back up again on a mostly-raw-diet.  I just started feeding
them canned and packaged Wysong foods, which are pretty decent for
packaged foods.  BUT I have noticed their sparkley white teeth have
begun to be discolored with tarter again!!  ARGHHHH!!

They are the biggest, fluffiest, sweetest, cuddliest, most muscular
ferrets I have seen.  This could NOT happen on kibble!!  It has been
proven in my household.

Here's a good link:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=479

I believe that some vets who disagree with raw feeding are just
misinformed or misguided.  Vets don't know everything!  They are the
ones who keep vaccinating pets anually for goodnessake!

Here are benefits from my guys eating raw:
  CLEAN TEETH (my favorite:)
  Better personalities
  Cuddlier
  Healthy immune systems (went down with this new food)
  Bigger, more muscular
  Shiny, fluffy, smoooooth coats (like teddy bears:)

So yes, you have to weigh the risks.  But certain people lead others to
believe that the risks of feeding raw (which is basically one, foodborne
illness) are HORRENDOUS and very common.  The deal is, it's not commom.
Not nearly as common as, oh say, dental disease with ferrets eating
kibble.  Agree?

About vaccinating.  It's not nice to slam people who don't vax.  I
support them!!  You can slam me all you want but I do not believe in
vaccinating at all.  I don't vax my ferrets and I couldn't be happier
about it.

Krista and her five fuzzy kids:)
Interested in saving the lives of animals?  Visit
http://www.veganoutreach.org/index.html or email me for more info.