Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:22:57 EST
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  I wanted to give an update on
the ferret I posted about last week that was found abandoned in a parking
lot.  First, let me take the time to thank all of the kind people who wrote
to me to check on how he is doing and to offer him a home.  I think I
responded to all of you individually, but I just wanted to thank you all
again.  It really bothered me so much that someone could just desert him
that way; but it is nice to know there are also people out there who care
and want to help.

In spite of his size, he must weight close to 4 lbs, I believe he is quite
young.  Just in the way he plays, its very kit like -- energetic bouncing
all over the place.  After initially keeping him away from my crew for the
first few days, I started introducing him to the others.  So far he does
fine with them one on one, but tends to get overwhelmed when a few come
over to check him out all at once.  They all seem to accept him pretty
well, except my youngest, Myst who is also a deaf DEW.  She has hated
every single ferret she has ever met outside of her "brothers and sisters".
Although she seemed to try to kill him the first time they met, she seems
to be mellowing out a bit.  Maybe they'll be friends yet.  Which leads
to....yes, we've decided to give him a permanent home with us.  After his
first evening of seeming scared of everything, he really seems to have
settled in here.  He seeks my husband and I out for play and seems to be
feeling at home.  The thought of changing his home again doesn't seem fair
to him.  And, okay so we've become attached to him as well :) He's really
got the best little personality, is already litter box trained and he's
just adorable.  So, although we had absolutely no intention of keeping him
when we first brought him home, it looks like he's here to stay.  We've
named him Clarence, after the angel in "Its a Wonderful Life", which is our
favorite Christmas movie.

Thanks again to all who were concerned about him -- Happy New Year to all,
human and fuzzy alike!  Lucie

                        @-"-@
                    o00 -\o/- 00o