From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 16:06:11 EDT
Re: friend's husband disturbing ferret grave markers

Dear Moxie,
Renee wrote:
>It really sounds that your friend has found a man that is overbearing,
>dominant and that she is a good candidate to be on the receiving end of
>spousal abuse/control.

I agree 100% with Renee on this one.  Your friend is in a dangerous
situation.  Please do some reading on domestic violence, and you will see
that her husband has the characteristics of an abuser.

I don't know how open she is to listening to you.  You might want to talk
to someone at a domestic abuse hotline and ask them what is the best way
to help someone--giving them info, talking about domestic abuse with
them,
etc.  Unfortunately, a lot of times people who are trapped in these
situations will not listen to you and will hide the symptoms of abuse.  I
would seek professional help with this while there is still time to help.

I am sorry about your ferrets' graves also. I don't know what to say about
their physical graves, but I can make another suggestion--if you go to
<petloss.com> you can write an on-line tribute to them (I believe you can
also do this at rainbowbridge.org and rainbowbridge.com). Your ferrets'
memory will live safely here, and of course, forever in your heart.

Best wishes...
Ronnie in Mass.