From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:20:32 -0400
Hello,

Yesterday I read that Sue had used Revolution for ear mite treatment.  I
wanted to add my experience.  I want to be sure that everyone knows I'm
in no way flaming Sue, or anything like that.  I'm very glad she was able
to use it without any side effects.

I wanted to try Revolution, since it does sound like a wonderful product,
and would eliminate the need for a separate heartworm preventative.  My
vet gave me a tube, and I headed home to try it.

I used 2 drops on the back of Stanley's neck.  Stanley is an otherwise
healthy, large, unneutered male ferret, about 4 lbs heavy.  After about 3-5
hours of administering the Revolution, Stanley was vomiting, and lethargic.
He was given subq fluids at the vets, and Carafate for his nausea, and
subsequently recovered with no lasting effects.  I felt awful.

So, unfortunately, I can't recommend Revolution to anyone for use in
ferrets, and now neither will my vet.  Nothing else had changed in
Stanley's environment, and he's since been given Advantage (2 months
later) with no adverse reactions.

Your results may vary, but I just felt the need to share this with all of
you.  Please be careful when using any chemicals on your ferrets, and
always do it with the direction and advice of a qualified veterinarian.

Kim

Want to help our shelter?  Click here:
for instant ferret karma!