From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 0001 24917 44 39_FML Reader Giving Out My Name and Email15_Jennifer [log in to unmask], 18 Jan 2000 18:59:43 -0500313_- I posted yesterday about the Tampa ferret needing a home. In addition to
that contact, I also had two other emails from peond Tubby (rescue 1-1.5 years old?).
They are staying at a very wonderful woman's house (- because my landlord
did not keep their word and I could not prove it due to lack of
documentation). So I guess you could say that I am owned by all 14 ferrets
[...]35_6Dec199914:52:[log in to unmask] 9912 12682 13 12_Introduction24_Devore, Deborah, Ms, [log in to unmask], 6 Dec 1999 17:44:58 -0500439_- Hi, I am Danee DeVore, and I live in No. VA, USA (near Mt. Vernon). I
have been reading the FML off and on for about 5 years. I have shared my
home with ferrets for over 15 years, and currently have 30 in the house. I
also have 2 cats and 4 sugar gliders. Oh yeah, I have a husband also.
In addition to the email address I am using now, I also can be reached at
[log in to unmask], in case this address confused anyone. [...]53_6Dec199917:44:[log in to unmask] 9912 12696 49 24_Intro from New Hampshire12_Penny [log in to unmask], 6 Dec 1999 21:10:56 -0500528_- Hi! Finally getting caught up on reading the FML and thought I would write
for a change. My name is Penny and I live with my husband, Dick and now 10
most wonderful ferrets. We started our ferret family back in 1991 in Great
Falls, Mt. I had never seen a ferret before this when my husband told me
he had always wanted one. It was Christmas, wind blowing, minus 30 when we
started back to NH with Missie. She spent most of the trip in the sleeve
of my leather jacket. When we got home we found out that [...]42_6Dec199921:10:[log in to unmask] 9912 12746 34 13_Introductions14_Melissa [log in to unmask], 7 Dec 1999 00:08:34 EST565_- Hi, I'm Melissa and I live in Phoenix, AZ with my husband Gary and the
following furry kids:
Dogs:
Merlin - 11y Border Collie/X
Nimue (Nimway) - 2y German Shepherd

And the Ferrets:
Meeko was our first ferret. She's about 6'ish and fiesty but very sweet. The
undisputed Queen. She once tried to drag ME under the bed by the ear.
Percy was our first boy. He is perfect. No, seriously, he is beautiful,
well-behaved even as a kit (NEVER nips or bites) and if you have a headache
or stomach ache he can take it away by lying on [...]34_7Dec199900:08:[log in to unmask] 9912 12781 27 6_intros9_Jen [log in to unmask], 6 Dec 1999 13:20:50 -0500493_- Well it's taken me almost a week to catch up on almost a month of FML's so
now I finally have time to introduce myself:

I'm Jen Daggs, my husband Steve and I are owned by two fuzzies; Akimbo -
4yr. old male, sable and Augie a 2 yr. old male cinamon (I think that's
what he is) and we are also owned by one cat named Murp who acts more like
a dog than a cat. We've had as many as 5 ferrets at one time and we've
been fuzzy lovers for 5 years. I found out about the [...]40_6Dec199913:20:[log in to unmask] 9912 12809 14 24_eye yam who eye yam (PA)19_brenda [log in to unmask], 6 Dec 1999 20:05:49 EST423_- I'm brenda and unfortunately I currently live in dreary Erie, PA. I'm
owned by two spoiled ferrets and one spoiled boyfriend. :) I'm currently
listening to one scratching to get out into the rest of my apt...silly
ferrets. Anyway...for anyone who's interested, I run two PA ferret club
mailing lists...if this isn't too much advertising...
[log in to unmask] and erieferretfanatics@onelist.com.... [...]42_6Dec199920:05:[log in to unmask] 9912 128
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:48:31 EST
Seldom early, almost never on time, <g> usually just lurking.

Hi, my name is Carla (no, I'm the other one - the "desert rat") and I live
in El Paso County, Texas, with my wonderful husband (20th anniversary in
January!) and 15-yr-old son.  I'm a relative "newbie" to ferrets, since I
got my first one in May, 1994.  I joined the FML sometime in the fall of
'95, can't remember exactly when.

What with one thing and another, now I'm the local ferret "shelter" for the
county.  I work with Animal Control, several vets in the county, and with
the local Ferret Club, to help people with information or assistance with
their ferrets.  I've worked with biters - both "true" biters as well as
ferrets whose owners just needed a bit of help understanding what the
ferret needed.  And hey - I'm still learning, too.

Don't ask me how, but we're still ECE-free in El Paso as far as we know.
It's been reported in Las Cruces NM, just an hour north of here... as well
as in communities elsewhere in Texas.  I know we'll get hit eventually, but
I can wait.

If you're in the El Paso area sometime, even just passing through, drop me
an email in advance & maybe we can get together.  (Want to adopt a new
friend?)

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."