From:
"Joel M. Cohen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:02:21 -0400
Hi everyone,

Here is another ferret song to a tune everyone should know.
Hope you enjoy it.

Mary Cohen

Sung with great anxiety to the tune of  "America The Beautiful"
(Oh beautiful for-spacious skies, For amber waves of grain...)

Oh where have all my squeakies gone? I know I left them there!
I had exactly twenty-three piled up behind that chair!
If you don't find them very soon, I'm going to get upset.
I'll leave today; I'll go away; and you won't have a pet!

What happened to my ferret tubes that wound around the floor?
I know I had at least sixteen - that's fifty yards or more.
I'm desperate; I have no toys; I think I'm gonna die.
Then you'll be sad; you'll feel so bad. When I am gone, you'll cry.

My crinkle sack, my jungle tent, are missing. That's the end!
This really is too much to bear - I'm goin' round the bend.
No ferret could endure such loss - They just could not go on,
I'm fading fast; I cannot last; I won't be here at dawn!

From far away, I heard a noise! It sounded like a squeak!
I'll tiptoe down the cellar stairs and just go have a peek.
My mommy's washing all my stuff! My heart is beating fast!
I'm wild with joy; There's every toy; My troubles are all past!