From:
Jodie Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:44:19 EDT
My new Jewel has finally arrived!  I wrote all about her first day and it
seems too long to post here.  If anyone is interested, just email me and
I'll send ya a copy.  My wonderful vet (she not only knows about ferrets,
but really seems to love 'em) thought of some funny Jewel names.  Then I
got started couldn't stop.  Here's a few.

If she can't believe she's not going back to her other family, she'll be...

Jewel of De-nile.

If she gets into my herb garden and starts chewing on the mint I've just
planted, she'll get it all over her mouth, then she'll be...

Mint Jewel Lip.

If her personality is as sunny and star-like as it seems, she'll be...

Ni-Jewel (Nigel is a supergiant in the constellation Orion.  So is
Betelgeuse - No, I didn't say Beetle Juice).

She's much tinier than my other ferret.  I hope she doesn't break easily,
then she'd be...

Fra-Jewel.

She looks pretty smart.  I'll bet she can remember a lot of information.
If she does, she'll be...

Fact-Jewel.

I'll bet if I feed her well and brush her hair over and over, repeatedly
the same way every day, it will get to be to be very thick, luxurious and
rich, then I can call her...

Rich-Jewel.

Although she's a little bit wild, I'm sure she'll never be late, she's...

Punk-Jewel.

She can lay down awfully flat.  Almost flat enough to flip pancakes.  Then
she's...

Spat-Jewel-La.

She's awfully tiny.  If there were any less of her, there wouldn't be much
left over, then she'd be...

Resid-Jewel

And of course, she may one day meet a very big bird with earrings and
bracelets who shares her name.  That would be...

Jewel-Rhea (That one was stretching it.  Sorry.  Was supposed to be
Jewelry-uh).

Jodie
and 2 fuzzie girls (finally)

[Moderator's note: Are you sure your name isn't Jewelie?... BIG]