From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:25:07 -0400
Tonight while I was gooing Rusty, I felt a cold wet nose touch my arm.  I
turned to look who it was, and there was Zakk.  Now Zakk is the biggest
ferret we have (or rather he's a 105lb Doberman who thinks he's a ferret).

Zakk hates cats.  It's evident because I have 2 of those too.  However,
Zakk really does think he's a ferret.  He toe nips, plays with his food,
stashes his toys and war dances (his war dance is *slightly* more
destructive then the ferrets).

So there I was, syringe in hand with Rusty wrapped in a towel.  I didn't
know what Zakk wanted so I asked him.  He whined and "pointed" his nose to
the goo in the syringe!  He gave me those eyes that tell you they **need**
what you have.

Zakk is a rescue dog, but he's defiantly not underweight or sick.  I
however obliged him and giggled to myself as every few licks Rusty had,
Zakk had to have the same.  So I guess I'll be making 3x the amount of
goo tomorrow <grin>

Rusty seems a bit better today.  We have decided to try the Helio.
treatment with him and have added Reglan for nausea.  He's eating goo like
a horse and looking slightly better.

On another note, Bones isn't so great.  He had his k-9's removed last week
(his owner chopped them almost to the root and they were infected).  He
also had an adrenal removed and a few insulinoma nodules.  He's only taking
about 30 cc's of goo at a time and isn't eating regular food.  Any advice?

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,  just by using your mouse!