From:
Brenda Picou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:31:17 -0500
You are right not all cases are ECE.  But in Sabrina's case it was and
there is a test for ECE, Sabrina was tested twice.  The ECE test is not
cheap (cost $80).  The ECE test is very delicate, it MUST be fresh stool
and sent over night.  The first test we sent was no good, because the stool
was two days old.  So the second time my vet kept Sabrina and had someone
monitor her and as soon as she passed the stool, he took the stool and mail
it express.  The lab results were Corona Virus, in which, according to
Dr.Bruce Williams is a form of ECE.  In my case the ECE test was worth
it, because we did not know what was wrong with Sabrina, we have tried
everything, all kind of test, liver, low blood sugar, etc.  ECE is serious
and life threating.  I would not take a chance to lose my babies.