Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:01:28 -0500
I had a scary sleeping-not-dead experience with Dervish last night.  I got
some of those flea wipes (the pet store lady recommended them highly, and
she's always been knowledgable in the past) to use on her.  I didn't
realize that I'd be spending the night making sure she didn't lick herself!
I kept a close eye on her, but she seemed determined to lick her fur.  I
finally fell asleep after she did, around eleven.  I woke up around two in
the morning, and she had moved.  I was half-asleep and freaked out, and had
to dig around under my bed to find her.

When I pulled her out, she was completely limp.  I put her on the bed and
started rubbing her chest, trying to wake her up.  Nothing.  I was about to
get hysterical when she suddenly opened her eyes a crack and yawned right
in my face!  I spent the next hour waking her up from her deep sleep and
playing with her to make sure she was perfectly okay.  And she was, if
not a little annoyed at the battery of tests I ran her through (sit up ...
fetch the squeeky toy ... follow the plastic bottle ... grab the sock ... )

She had some odd-colored poopies today, but I think I know why: a box of
Bandits ferret treats went missing, then turned up again half-empty.  We've
had some lovely adobe-colored poopies (complete with identifiable lumps of
Bandits ferret treats ... YUCK!) today, but she's fine otherwise.

I got a spiffy new toy for myself that Dervish adores.  It's kind of
gross ... it's a plastic human skeleton with a removable loaf of viscera
(i.e. the internal organs) inside it.  The viscera squeaks when you squeeze
it.  Any time she hears that squeak, she comes a-running.  She's actually
cuddled up sleeping with it now.  :-)

It's a disconcerting thing to see a ferret dragging a foot-long human
skeleton around by its innards, squeaking away.  It's like a scene from a
horror movie: "Attack of the Giant Flesh-Eating Ferrets"

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("I deserve the Oscar more than
that Gwenyth Paltrow!  What a sorry excuse for a weasel SHE is!")

p.s.  I have a personal poopie question which Dervish doesn't want posted
in public (she has an image to maintain, you know :-).  If anyone
well-versed in poopie science could e-mail me off-list
([log in to unmask]), I'd really like to ask the question.  Thanks
in advance.