From:
"Monica G. Funston" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:08:18 -0600
Dear Ferret Friends,

I was watching tv Sunday morning, and lo and behold!  Ferrets!!  Martha
Stewart was doing a portion of her show about children and pets.
Apparently her nephew had been wanting to get a dog ...

But anyway, they had a whole slew of kids on the show with an "expert" on
pets.  They had puppies, kittens and about a half dozen ferrets.  The
"expert" talked about the responsibilities children should should think
about before even _thinking_ of asking their parents for a pet and just
how much would be expected of them from their chose pet.  The "expert"
talked favorably about ferrets and one of the boys on the show said, "I
wanted a dog, but NOW I want a ferret!" I thought that was cool.  I know
Martha Stewart has had ferrets on her show before, as discussed here on
FML, about bathing pets..  but this one I thought was a little more
informative about making sure a pet is what a child really wants, knowing
the responsibility involved, and gearing the kind of pet the family really
has time/energy for.

Cheers!
        Monica

Monica Gayle Funston