From:
Lori Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:30:03 -0400
George got his name from a coworker who met him the first day I had him
because I picked him up on my way to work.  He was snooping around getting
into everything, and she noted that he was a "curious little monkey."  For
this amazingly simple name, more people think it's just the cutest thing
that his name is George.  Sometimes it's just funny when ferrets have
people names.

Nicknames: Georgie, George Ferret, skinny boy, Mamma's boy

George gets all of the songs and rhymes because he'll lie in my arms while
I sing to him.

Georgie Porgie pudding pie
Kissed the jills and made them cry
When the hobs came out to play
Georgie Porgie ran away

  Oh where have you been Georgie Boy, Georgie Boy.  Oh where have you been
  charming Georgie.
  I have been to seek a wife, she's the joy of my life, but she's young
  jill and cannot leave her litter.

He loves this stuff.  It even makes him calm down on car rides.  Have you
ever had to sing

  Mama's little Georgie loves shortenin' shortenin', Mama's little Georgie
  loves shortenin' bread

for hours?

Gracie had been given a name by her first owners but I didn't notice that
she responded to it especially.  (Not that we ever had to a chance to see
if she knew her name.  She's constantly at our side and never needs to be
called!)

Gracie, obviously, goes well with George although she's more of a Princess
Grace than a Gracie Allen.  She hangs out on the people bed and grooms
herself.

Knicknames: Graaaaaace!, Princess Grace, Gracie Baby, Goodness Gracious

Common refrain: Oh, Grace, you're all wet! (likes to swim in the dish)

Gracie doesn't seem to enjoy being sung too and neither of these ferrets
likes to dance (not weasel dance, people dance) with me.  That was Azrael's
domain.

Azrael was named by his first owner after the cat on the Smurfs, but he was
a little devil too.  Expert trash can spelunker, pooped by the closed
bedroom door of my one housemate who didn't really like him, escaped from
two different houses, tried to kill any other animal he saw.  Played ball,
excellent problem-solving skills, like the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" cd,
and slept with me every night until he died.

Buddy was my little buddy for the few short weeks I had him.  It was
obvious to me that he had been abused previously, but he never put a tooth
on me.  He was a sweet, trusting soul who could have used a buddy himself
earlier in life.

Lori Barber