Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 02:59:22 -0700
I like to take my ferrets outside while I work in the garden.  They love to
help me weed (ok..they think every plant is a weed but for the most part
it's ok)

My 3 new kids..those mice eaters..were dookin about yesterday.  Playing
lawn shark and digging with energy at the cracks and crevices in my raised
bed garden walls.

Suddenly I heard a suspicious chomping.  I checked Daphne out and there she
was, eating a slug!  She went nuts digging and rooting in this slug nest
and was soon joined by the other 2, sniffing along the base of my raised
beds, scratching and digging and eating them little goodies, arguing over
tasteful morsels and just loving it.

My inside kids turned up their noses at the slugs and went for my bowl of
chocolate ice cream.  The difference between city kids and country kids I
guess.  In any case, When I have my open garden, I will have to spotlight
my natural slug abatement program.

elle--who does not bait for slugs anymore!